Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why do I deserve an Android phone?

So why do I deserve an Android phone? Well, to be honest, I don’t deserve one at all. The one who truly deserves an Android phone is my wife, Amy. My wife has simple taste when it comes to gadgets – as long as her phone can just call and text, she’s as happy as can be. So this brings us back to the opening question: Why do I (or my wife) deserve an Android phone?

She currently owns a MyPhone B22. It’s a pretty much decent device that can call and text and do other things like tune-in to FM radio, take pictures, and what not. Her phone is actually a hand-me-down from my sister, and she got that phone brand new back in 2007. When she passed the phone to my wife, it was already 2 years old. Cell phones are normally good for at least 2 years before you need to replace it. But knowing my wife, as long as it can do its basic function, she will keep it – and she has, for another year!

My wife takes good care of our properties, including her phone until one summer day this year. We were on a road trip with the family up north at Clark Air Base when she accidentally dropped her phone outside as she was carrying our daughter into the car. Her phone eventually got run over by the car. Miraculously, it survived the thrashing and still works well despite having to lose some of its keys and a lot of scratches on the surface.

At this point in our lives, we couldn’t afford to just replace her phone with a new one; not even with a second hand. We’re on a very tight budget with my eldest going to school already and house payments that we had to take over. My wife is such a great mother and a very caring partner. As simple as her taste can be, I think she still deserves something as good as this android phone.

Also, with our wedding anniversary coming up In 3 weeks, this will be the best gift from me to her. She is so easy to please, and with something as cool as an Android phone, she’ll be ecstatic and overjoyed.

6 comments:

  1. This is nice and sweet :) I like your story.
    Good luck on the contest and I hope you get that phone for your lucky wife.
    Napansin ko though, parang may konting mechanics ka na hindi na meet. Sayang naman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thanks for the comment and your feedback!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! ganito pala hitsura ng fone ko... *shyness*...pero pag gamit ko naman sya sa labas, okay lang naman.... hehehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love you and thank you so much for your kinds words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah! she really deserves an android phone! wooooot! good luck and i hope you'll win ^__^

    thanks for joining big daddy raffy! :)

    ReplyDelete