Saturday, July 10, 2010

Weekend rest-ling

Weekends are best spent with family, I always say. Its how you spend it that makes the difference. You can spend all day at your house but if you don't take the time off to bond with them, then what's the point?

It's a Saturday evening as I'm writing this. We started our day trying to get up at 4AM to do the laundry and defrost the fridge. We finally made it out of bed between 7:30AM and 8AM, had breakfast and my finally got started with the laundry at 10AM. I got started defrosting the fridge at the same time. Our kids were busy watching TV and making a mess all over the place. After the fridge, I helped my wife hang the laundry outside only to bring it back in a couple of hours later since it started drizzling. My wife prepared lunch while I cleaned the rooms and transferred the bed to the other room so that I can fumigate our room - its being over run by ants!!! After lunch, Samantha and I went to a nearby grocery to buy some supplies and made our way home to hang the clothes back out again while my wife prepared dinner. We put our kids to bed and here we are!

Wow! We had a full day - all while taking care of Sophia who's been battling coughs and colds since last night, Samantha who's being her 2-year old self and with water running out in the middle of the afternoon.

So what's my point? We may have spent our Saturday at home doing chores, but we spent it as a family. Everyone had a part in it and we all had fun doing it. We all cleaned together, ate together and ran around together.

Sure, its nice to go and hang out at the malls, go to parks and zoos and party with other family members, but sometimes its better to just stay at home and focus on each other. No need for anything fancy. A broom, and a mop (even without ample water supply), some good food and a lot of love WILL definitely go a long, long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment